Question:
How to steam milk with Buon Caffe Espresso Machine Model 310?
Kristy B
2010-01-05 09:43:35 UTC
So I just acquired an espresso machine from a friend of mine, but it lacks the instruction manual. I conquered the making the espresso part with ease, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to steam the milk. Can anyone out there help me? I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance ;)
Five answers:
DoreensKitchen
2010-01-05 10:15:22 UTC
look at this pix:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NQQjeE%2BTL._SL500_.jpg

it's not your machine, as you're machine company went out of business.

HOWEVER, see that round dial on the right ? that is what controls the "strength" of the steam coming out, so you can turn it on full blast, or just in little puffs of steam, by controlling turning the dial.

you have to make sure you have water in the machine too LOL.

now here are some tips:

use a metal container (it keeps the COLD milk cold)

use only WHOLE milk (there is more butter fat in it, and thus you'll get more of a whipped thick quality of whipped milk)

be very careful if it's your first time. if you're afraid, just go to a coffee shop by you, or even a star bucks, and watch them do it.

you primarily hold the metal pitcher and go in an up and down movement while the steam is shooting thru that nozzle. you should really only have it filled no more than half way. while you are going up and down, touch the bottom of the pitcher with the tip of the nozzle.

when it is poofy enough for you, turn off the nozzle, and then "pour" just a dab of milk into your cappuccino cup (filled with a double shot of espresso first lol) then take a spoon and scoop out the amount to whipped cream you want on top)

if you are making more than one cup, then again make sure you have enough water in machine (be CAREFUL opening the water compartment, it can shoot off steam and you can get burned. so from the get go, before you do anything, make sure that water compartment is full all the way).

add more milk to metal container. if it's not poofing up good, it's because the milk got hot. you can do one of these two things:

--toss it, and start over with COLD milk (rinse out the metal container with COLD water, cos you want that container COLD too)

--add a couple ice cubes to milk; but in essence you might be watering down the milk consistency

and then try again.

take a small plate and put some sugar and ground cinnamon on it, more sugar than cinnamon.

take a lemon wedge or another plate with lemon juice on it and "line" the rim of the coffee cup; then dip in cinnamon sugar

make double espresso in cup

make the whipped cream as described above

sprinkle more cinammon sugar on top or sprinkle cocoa powder (you can easily put cocoa powder into a salt shaker if you don't have a sugar shaker; just make sure you REMEMBER cos you don't want to sprinle cocoa powder on your dinner LOL)

you can also put a cinammon stick in it

boy, i sure could go for a cappuccino now, but my daughter SWIPED my machine.

have fun
2016-11-06 07:32:07 UTC
Buon Caffe Model 330
2015-08-06 12:37:51 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Katie
2010-01-05 10:01:58 UTC
First, you need a steaming pitcher, maybe something like this (http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-International-SS-130-Steaming-Pitcher/dp/B000I1XYI6). It's a good idea to chill the pitcher before use, but that's not necessary. You want to fill it about halfway full, and then insert the steam wand until it's not quite touching the bottom, turn it on, and let it heat up for about 3 seconds. Then, slowly move the tip of the wand toward the top of the pitcher, but making sure it's still touching the milk. It's going to make a spitting noise, and the longer it spits, the more foam you'll have. After about 2 seconds, dip the wand back into the milk, leaving it at the top and off to the side. After about 3-4 seconds, you'll hear a noise that sounds like a jet engine taking off, and then you want to turn off the wand promptly so as not to scald the milk and pull the pitcher off. It takes awhile to really catch on, and I suggest you find a youtube video so you know exactly what you're doing. But once you've got it, you can steam milk, 1/2&1/2, even eggnog.
2016-03-16 03:24:02 UTC
My small espresso machine says to brew the espresso first, and the left over steam will steam the milk. I have used it quite a few times, and noticed that the left over steam isn't enough, so i have to add more water. Good Luck!