Question:
What is included in a fully stocked bar?
schwa204
2006-01-24 12:02:49 UTC
What is included in a fully stocked bar?
Three answers:
PSE
2006-01-24 12:11:27 UTC
What’s your audience? Mucho-macho-vodka-is-my-Dasani hard-core imbibers; once-in-a-while-spiked-punch for the BBQ with the neighbors; girls-night-out turned into at home cosmo-party; we-drink-anything-that-flows college kids; beer, beer, and more beer heavy casual drinkers; or only-25-years-or-more Scotch-snobs? If you don’t know your audience, here’s something to cover a little of every occasion.

The essentials for a ‘stocked’ bar are:

1. The seven basic hard liquors: Gin, Whiskey, Bourbon, Tequila, Vodka, Scotch, Rum

2. The four basic fruit juices: Orange, Cranberry, Pineapple, Grapefruit

3. The basic additives: A LOT of Ice, A LOT of Sour Mix, Club Soda, Tonic Water, Grenadine, Rose’s Lime Juice, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup (Sugar Water), Milk, Dry Vermouth

4. The plain stuff like beer, water, and pretzels.

The expanded list for a ‘solid’ bar has everything from the list above and the following:

1. Additional top shelf/Brand name hard liquors (Bombay Sapphire, Jack D, Makers Mark, Grey Goose, etc.) and Brandy/Cognac.

2. Additional fruit juices for girlie drinks: Apple Juice, Peach Juice, Grape Juice, Passion Fruit Juice, Apricot Juice, etc.

3. Basic liqueur set: Triple Sec, Peach Schnapps, Crème de Cacao (Light and Dark), Blue Curacao, Amaretto, Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua), Melon Liqueur (Midori), Sloe Gin, Crème de Menthe (Light and Green), Crème de Banana, Apple Schnapps, Malibu (Coconut Rum), Anisette, Southern Comfort (Peach).

4. Additional additives: Coca Cola, Vanilla Ice Cream, Cream, Fresh Fruits, Sweet Vermouth, Bacardi 151 (For flaming), Baily’s Irish Cream (For coffee), 7-Up, Pepsi, bitters, Tabasco sauce.

The list for a ‘fully stocked’ bar is too long. Just head over to a large liquor store and raid them for a bottle of everything they've got other than wine. Here are some nice to haves: Jagermeister (German Herb), Grand Marnier (Orange), Galliano (Italian Herb), Frangelico (Hazelnut), Captain Morgan (Spiced Rum), Goldschlager (Real Gold Flakes), Campari (Like Bitters?), Chambord (Raspberry), Cointreau (Orange), Crème de Cassis, Crème de Noyaux, Drambuie (Honey, Herb and Whiskey), Green and Yellow Chartreuse (If you want the rainbow layered drinks).

BTW, where's your bar? Are we invited?
2016-03-27 03:02:08 UTC
You should be able to stock a bar for about $150- $200. At a minimum you need Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequila, Bourbon, and Scotch. If it were me I would have to have some specialty liquors like amaretto, hazelnut liquor, and Irish creme. You need a couple of bottles of red wine and white wine and at least a case of beer. It really depends on the brand of liquors you purchase, if you go with premium brands like Absolut, Bacardi, Jose Cuervo, etc. you will pay about $20 to $25 per 750ml bottle. If you go with a less expensive brand you can get out for $12 - $18 per 750ml bottle.
rubberducky75
2006-01-24 14:35:01 UTC
Great answer there, PSE. I would keep all that in mind, plus a few bottles of Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay, A few bottles of Cabernet or Shiraz, and a bottle of White Zin (if you must). I would also suggest a bottle of Peach Schnapps and Amaretto, if you have anyone at all that may want anything froufy.